ROCKIN' MY FAME!!!!

FIND OUT WHICH OF YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY TALENT IS ROCKIN THEIR FAME AND GET THE LATEST DETAILS OF HOW AND WHO OF " L.RENAE TALENT MANAGEMENT" IS ROCKIN THEIR FAME!!!!!!!!!


Thursday, December 24, 2009

Baltimore's Oscar-Nominated Actress Monique Rockin' Her Fame and L.Renae's connection w/ Her!

I mentioned Zane being on the Monique Show the other night so I find it very fitting to give the Oscar-Nominated actress Monique her shine and to share my brush with her years ago.  Approximately 7-8 years ago, a friend of mine won tickets on the radio to see Monique at a comedy show in Laurel.  She won a limo ride, front seats and backstage access to meet her.  I was just really getting started in the acting game at that time. I was graduating college, had my career as an engineer lined up, and headed to move back to Baltimore.  When my friend told me she won the tickets, I was excited because at the time Monique had her own show in California called "The Parkers". So me and my ambitious self got my headshots and resumes all set so I could slip them to Monique when we met her backstage.  I didn't know what she was going to say or how she was going to respond, all I knew was I wasn't gonna let the opportunity pass me by!!  The day of the comedy show came, my girlfriends from high school and I got cute and was on our way! Of course Monique did her thing with the skinny bishes bit. lolol  Anyhoo, when it was time for us to go backstage...I introduced myself, told her about my aspirations, and all I heard was "I'm going to give your headshot to my casting director Monica Swann about possibly doing a walk-on spot for The Parkers".  My heart is beating and I'm thinking wow this really worked! So then Monique says "if she calls you, she will ask you to fly out to LA". I'm thinking sheeeeeiiiiitt, you ain't said nothin but a word Mo! I made my plane reservations and was out!   And by myself! My interview with Monica Swann was the next day.  We chatted about the opportunity and then the words of death came "you have to move out here now plus be in the union/work to get in the union". D@mn d@mn d@mn!! Being that I was fresh in the game, I didn't have my resume built up enough to be union and I wasn't mentally prepared to move out to LA alone. So I came back to Baltimore to build my resume up and then join the union, my plan was to keep in touch with Monica and when I got into the union to go back to LA...guess what happened? The network was not renewing the season. :-(  That's why I guide my talent in the right direction on a booking by booking basis.  I wouldn't of mind being on this show :-) :


I give Monique all the respect for packing up and leaving Baltimore to do her thing! I also thank her truly for the opportunity she gave me and she has my support everyday all day! If you haven't seen the Oscar-nominated actress yet in the movie 'Precious' then you need to go see it ASAP! This movie has so many talking points!! Go support Monique cause she's ROCKIN' HER FAME!!!







Precious Trailer - Click here for more amazing videos

No comments:

Post a Comment