ROCKIN' MY FAME!!!!

FIND OUT WHICH OF YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY TALENT IS ROCKIN THEIR FAME AND GET THE LATEST DETAILS OF HOW AND WHO OF " L.RENAE TALENT MANAGEMENT" IS ROCKIN THEIR FAME!!!!!!!!!


Monday, December 21, 2009

How We Got On The Show (Whose Wedding Is It Anyway)

The question at hand is "how did you guys get on the show?". Come on now, its what I do! lol No, seriously. As you know, I am a Talent Manager/Agent and I'm always viewing castings and I came across the casting in early March for the Style Network for the show "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway" looking for a lucky couple to celebrate their 100th episode by receiving an extraordinary wedding anywhere in the world! The casting director contacted me and asked me to fill out a questionnaire. I was told if my fiance and I made it past the questionnaire then we would be asked to submit an audition tape, well we were asked! So we put our all into making our audition tape creative while sticking to the requirements for the submission! The waiting process was grueling! :-) We found out that we were one of 12 lucky couples of all the people who submitted around the United States! If selected, we would have an extraordinary wedding anywhere in the world and they would pay for 6 additional people to come along. We chose the beautiful land of Africa as our place of choice! It came down to crunch time, and we found out that we were not selected. :-( It was disappointing because we thought we put a lot of effort into our audition tape. We then continued with our wedding planning, disagreeing with the budget and things of that nature. lol So out of the blue, at the end of March/early April, I get an email from the same casting director I applied for the 100th episode of Whose Wedding Is It Anyway, asking about my fiance (at the time) and I being on Season 10 of the show!! I was so excited but didn't want to get too excited since we had to do another interview process. This time it was on the phone with her but still on camera and not my fiance (at the time) and I interviewing each other like the last time. I told her about us being disappointed about not getting the other show (lol, I don't care, she needed to know! lol) since we put a lot of effort into our tape and asked her how big of a chance do we have this time because we just didn't want to be let down again. She said our chances were great this time! So after our on camera interview, the producers and network remembered us from the other submission and they loved us then as well but at the time, all of our ducks weren't in order to do that show (all of my immediate family members didn't have their passports renewed, etc) so they booked us for this show!!! They told us that this will be a one hour long show as well! Just like the 100th episode. She said this season they will be doing six 1 hr. shows of just one couple, instead of the normal 2 couples in one hour and then all the other episodes will be 2 couples in one hour. We were ecstatic!! We filmed the show for a week and they paid for OUR ENTIRE WEDDING!!!! And my wedding dress!!! This worked out better than the 100th episode for the following reasons: 1) They made the 100th episode to be 100 hours to wed and that would have been too overwhelming for us. 2)They only paid for 6 other family members to go anywhere in the world to attend the wedding (which is still a blessing but everyone there is even more of a blessing). 3) With such short notice, not very many of our family and friends would have been able to attend the wedding in Africa. God worked it out so that 1) We had a little more time (though it was still short-less than a month, yikes!), and most importantly 2) it was local so all of our family and friends could witness our union! Not to mention, EVERYTHING WAS PAID FOR!! It was a dream come true! Our wedding was soooooooo beautiful, and so filled with warm spirits and love!!! Not to mention we can watch our experience over and over again on the Style Network.

God had a bigger and better plan in store for us when we didn't get chosen for the 100th episode. He wanted all of our family and friends to witness our day and see our growth as a couple who met at college. He didn't just want very few people to witness our union. God had a bigger and better plan for me when I lost that competition on the Tyra Banks show for that $12K wedding dress. He knew that wasn't my dream dress and he blessed me to receive the dress I wanted to marry my husband in and he told me not to worry about the cash I could have won if I sold that dress because he had it set for me to have my whole entire wedding and my dream dress all PAID FOR.

So all in all, that's how we got on the show and this proves that you should never give up, give your all, and remember that you never know who remembers you for your efforts.

So that answers your question about how we got on the show and now you may want to know how can YOU get on a show of your choice...well, L. Renae Talent Management can show you what it takes and how to get there. I don't play no games! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment